READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

World of Wartubs

+10
JPBuhl
ScienceWoona
Clear_Skies
Abaddon
Enerdshirak
Lehtikala
Deldrin
kileras1
MBite
Terran_wrath
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

World of Wartubs - Page 3 Empty Re: World of Wartubs

Post by MelonChaser Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Deldrin wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
Anyway, yesterday while I was test sailing my stock Hiryu I think I met the best Atago player currently on EU server: for the whole match he stayed behind his team (yes, even behind my carrier) doing nothing but spamming torps at enemies 25+km away and successfully managing to disrupt our BB line and even hitting some friendly ships not maneuverable enough to avoid all the torps, while I had to constantly adjust my route so not to ram him; when we started losing ships he inverted route and sailed north, back to our spawn, and was lost in the sunset
Will upload the replay when I get back home

Was it Starwbs?

What's an Atago?
MelonChaser
MelonChaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 pm

just met iScale:
Spoiler:
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Someone followed my carrier around for half the game in a cruisers using his AA ability to save me from repeated all out attacks from the enemy carriers, I wish the compliment option actually gave him something.

He got an awful score but he saved me three times and let me mostly win the game from there. Also i'm so close to being rid of the Furutaka \0/
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:52 am

so i have stock furutaka, impressions so far (2 battles, where in 1 i did nothing but evading enemy planes):
- engaging anything at less than 6km is suicide
- torpedoes have 6km range probably to keep enemy ships away
- AP shells are useless against omaha unless you hit exactly in the center (and they are probably useless against every other low-armored cruiser: phoenix, tenryu, kuma...)
- dont even try to hunt destroyers
- AP shells can easily penetrate myogi at ~8km
- this ship has enough armor to survive low caliber HE shells, i survived 50 HE shells that dealt 8k damage just to get rekt by 1 myogi AP salvo that dealt 12k
- the typical IJN cruisers feature where the citadel is as big as your hull starts with this ship

@woona: was in battle when you contacted me yesterday, then you left Razz
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 pm

World of Wartubs - Page 3 V30Ddi8
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by MelonChaser Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Abaddon wrote:World of Wartubs - Page 3 V30Ddi8

HOW?!
MelonChaser
MelonChaser

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:43 pm

http://blog.worldofwarships.eu/patch-notes-0-4-0-4/

"Main changes:

German ships (Tirpitz, Bismarck, Dresden, Hermelin) have been added into the game client for testing purposes. You may see them in the battle, but they are not available for research or purchase.
"
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:59 pm

yep, read it this morning, the best thing is:
"Added consumable “Hydroacoustic Search” on the following ships – Kuma, Furutaka, Phoenix, Omaha, Murmansk, Marblehead, Marblehead (Lima) – starting with the stock configuration."
now, that is something actually useful for these cruisers, and an indirect nerf to destroyers at these tiers
looks like WG is trying to balance minekaze/isokaze, and considering USN DDs will get a buff to smoke discharger soon-ish that might just work
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by JPBuhl Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm somewhat afraid this will make me look really stupid, but I gotta ask this now:

Who thought of these shorts? DD for Destroyer? CV is an Aircraft Carrier I believe? Do they mean something else accually or are they just .... special?
What?
In WoT they all make sense, but I don't get this naming convention
JPBuhl
JPBuhl

Back to top Go down

Post by JPBuhl Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:11 pm

I mean:

HT=Heavy Tank ; MT=Medium Tank ; LT= Light Tank ; SPG=Self Propelled Gun ; TD= Tank Destroyer - check, makes sense

But this:

BB= Battle Ship ...wut?
CA= Cruiser ....umm...ok
DD= Destroyer ...this is getting silly
CV= Aircraft Carrier ....yeah whatever

I have to be missing something Applejack unsure
JPBuhl
JPBuhl

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:37 pm

JPBuhl wrote:I'm somewhat afraid this will make me look really stupid, but I gotta ask this now:

Who thought of these shorts? DD for Destroyer? CV is an Aircraft Carrier I believe? Do they mean something else accually or are they just .... special?
What?
In WoT they all make sense, but I don't get this naming convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol#United_States_Navy_hull_classification_codes

BB - (Better) Battleship (better because they were better than pre 1920s)
CA - Crusier, size: A
CV - Carrier Vessel
DD - I guess 2 Ds are because all other codes have 2 letters, and also there's different class of destroyers.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JPBuhl Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks, that was helpful  WAHAHA!

So the abbreviations at least are not entirely retarded. Well... the CA at least isn't. Well... at least not for all Cruisers. Well... at least "Cruiser, Armored" fits the St.Louis for example well I think. Others... not so much...

And I still don't get why pre-1920s ships --(The Battleships and the Destroyers only though)--
get a single letter and post-1920s a double, but no one said I have to understand everything. (Aren't most of the low-tier ships even pre-1920?)

I do find it hilarious however that an aircraft carrier is a "flying cruiser"

Wikipedia wrote:
"CV" hull classification symbol does not stand for "Carrier Vessel". The "CV" designation was originally derived from cruisers, since aircraft carriers were seen as an extension of the sea control and denial mission of cruisers. The "V" designation for heavier-than-air craft comes from the French verb voler (to fly)
JPBuhl
JPBuhl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:11 pm

yes, this is the correct wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol#Warships

vessels are usually identified by the armament that they carry, as it says in the wiki "The origin of the 2 letter code derives from the need to distinguish various cruiser subtypes."

what we have in game right now are BB, CV, CA, DD; the CA line (heavy cruisers) is composed by some light cruisers (at low tiers) and some heavy cruisers, and it is confirmed we will have a different CL and CA line at least for the american tree (it is likely that cleveland, for example, will be moved up tier in the CL branch, when they implement it)
there is a good chance that some nations will also have DL (destroyer leader) or CC (cruiser capital, battlecruiser) lines
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran_wrath Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 pm

That's good news. I already thought they'd never differ between CLs and CAs. Good they found reason on divertting classes a bit more.
Terran_wrath
Terran_wrath
Tank collector

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 am

The Hiryu is like Marmite, I love it dearly but oh god sometimes I hate it, it's so vulnerable to the starting carrier rushes and every single time I take fighters it puts me with no carriers or higher tiered American ones.

On the other side though when it works it has so many reserves I can keep up my attack runs all game.
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:01 am

Hiryu is imo the only IJN carrier with a feasible fighter setup
mostly because fighters are good, while bombers are shit, and because compared to previous tier you are so big and detectable with no real AA upgrade that any carrier with strike setup can take you out in one go
+ the amount of planes is needed, because bombers are so slow and weak even same tiered USN BBs will take out entire squadrons
stacking planes best tektik, much skills required

i liked Ryujo more...
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:19 pm

I've ground my way to the Shokaku, used a little free xp to get the better planes, good lord is it nice to have really fast strike aircraft.

+50% xp flags ftw

World of Wartubs - Page 3 BMS07Um

I fought the enemy team into a draw when they really should have won, so far i'm liking my new ship.
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 pm

already posted this on skype, but this guy is the best CV player on EU server (afaik), and he promised he will be streaming all day today

it is entertaining to watch all the insults that are thrown at him in almost every match
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Ok, so I got myself a carrier, the Langley. What am I supposed to do with it exactly? By now I even managed to reliably score some decent torpedo hits to enemy ships, but it's just of no use. My first two matches today:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Main problem is still that while I'm sending my torpedo bombers out for a second raid, my team is already down in numbers by quite a bit (I think that second match only lasted 10 minutes in total). In theory Americans should excel in anti air (?) and I usually shoot down a good bunch of planes (yesterday even something like 27 in a tier4 match), but it doesn't seem to matter. Generally, I can't notice any speed difference between bombers and fighters, so unless I'm running into a squad frontally, I can't catch them on their approach. And whenever I face Japanese CVs, they just throw everything at my team's ships and get away with it. Well, not literally, they might lose their bombers in the process and even run out of planes in the long run, but the damage has already been done at that point. So my first question: Higher tier CVs sometimes come with weird plane setups. Is it even worth going for some setups with a lot of fighters?
And even more important: Are there any gems worth getting in that American CV line? Cause for now I feel like Japanese could just suicide with their squads into parts of my team and I still couldn't keep up.
And how to deal with CV sniping? I've had two games where I just died to torpedo bombers in the beginning. I guess it's not too hard to guess where they spawn and (again) just throw everything into that direction. Is this also a viable option for me (never tried it)? Or is just some low tier issue? (Really, it's very annoying, might want to make me stop playing CVs altogether if this is a frequent thing, no matter to which team.)
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:25 pm

Enerdshirak wrote:Ok, so I got myself a carrier, the Langley. What am I supposed to do with it exactly?
iScale would say "sell it"
and i would totally agree

but back to the other questions
Enerdshirak wrote:Main problem is still that while I'm sending my torpedo bombers out for a second raid, my team is already down in numbers by quite a bit (I think that second match only lasted 10 minutes in total). In theory Americans should excel in anti air (?)and I usually shoot down a good bunch of planes (yesterday even something like 27 in a tier4 match), but it doesn't seem to matter. Generally, I can't notice any speed difference between bombers and fighters, so unless I'm running into a squad frontally, I can't catch them on their approach. And whenever I face Japanese CVs, they just throw everything at my team's ships and get away with it. Well, not literally, they might lose their bombers in the process and even run out of planes in the long run, but the damage has already been done at that point. So my first question: Higher tier CVs sometimes come with weird plane setups. Is it even worth going for some setups with a lot of fighters? no. you have to understand that there is a big difference between "heavily contributing in a battle in terms of damage" thus effectively carrying your team and "not allowing the enemy carrier to demolish your team", the latter does not translate in victory (or in a good amount of exp/credits for that matter)
And even more important: Are there any gems worth getting in that American CV line? Midway is great, or at least seems so Cause for now I feel like Japanese could just suicide with their squads into parts of my team and I still couldn't keep up.
And how to deal with CV sniping? you dont. keep your fighters close to you, if you dont see enemy bombers for a while it means they are coming for you and intercept them. this said, when playing zuiho with strike setup, if i wanted the enemy langley dead, he was going to die. i remember one time i wanted an enemy langley dead because he was annoying me (was complaining in chat about mm and being matched against cv 1 tier higher), so i tried to shut him up by killing him in the first 4 minutes; didnt work, he just started complaining even more I've had two games where I just died to torpedo bombers in the beginning. I guess it's not too hard to guess where they spawn and (again) just throw everything into that direction. Is this also a viable option for me (never tried it)? no, because ijn cvs at that tier are fast with good camo and you have only 6 slow tbs, they can kill you because you are slow af and they have 12 tbs starting with zuiho Or is just some low tier issue? yes, it is, doesnt happen anymore starting with independence, they still will be able to kill you if they get you good, but thats your own fault. you could use air superiority setup when you have bogue, to avoid getting rekt by ijn cvs, but dont expect to carry anything that way (Really, it's very annoying, might want to make me stop playing CVs altogether if this is a frequent thing, no matter to which team.)
anyway, langley is shit, there is no way around it, the real strenght are the planes you can launch
fighters: even if slow they are tough and have a lot of ammo
torpedo bombers: at this tier, your 6 torpedo bombers are just devastating against everything (yes, even enemy carriers if they just sail in a straight line), with hosho it is not possible to hit more than 4 torps with 8 tbs, while your tb squadron can easily hit 5 or 6 torps

today pape was playing Midway and Hakuryu, switching between them every battle, he says they are both good, Midway is better against BBs, and Hakuryu is better against DDs, which considering there are more high tier BBs than DDs means Midway better
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 pm

Abaddon wrote:no. you have to understand that there is a big difference between "heavily contributing in a battle in terms of damage" thus effectively carrying your team and "not allowing the enemy carrier to demolish your team", the latter does not translate in victory (or in a good amount of exp/credits for that matter)
Welp, I guess it's kinda obvious, but it's just so confusing to see the Bogue having to choose between the small setup of its predecessor, 2 fighters + 1 bomber or 1 torpedo bomber + 2 bomber without fighter support. Same dilemma for the tier7 one. Midway could be the best ship ever, it's the end of the line. If there aren't any more redeeming CVs between tier 4 and 10, I might just as well follow your advice and sell the Langley. Very Happy

As for the american torpedo bombers, they really are powerful compared to the japanese ones, I can see that. But you also have to pray for enough slow/braindead targets for your lone squad.

And I watched that pape guy play a few games. Don't really know what to think about it. In WoWP there are also players pulling off crazy winrates with all sorts of planes. So I really hope there are other players out there with 80%+ winrate on other classes (his division mates probably? Very Happy). Otherwise noone will take balancing seriously in this game.

Also playing my stock New York ruined my mood again. Players already dying minutes before I can get in shooting range. :I
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:16 am

Enerdshirak wrote:Welp, I guess it's kinda obvious, but it's just so confusing to see the Bogue having to choose between the small setup of its predecessor, 2 fighters + 1 bomber or 1 torpedo bomber + 2 bomber without fighter support. Same dilemma for the tier7 one. Midway could be the best ship ever, it's the end of the line. If there aren't any more redeeming CVs between tier 4 and 10, I might just as well follow your advice and sell the Langley. Very Happy
essex is also pretty good, just got owned by one Very Happy

Enerdshirak wrote:And I watched that pape guy play a few games. Don't really know what to think about it. In WoWP there are also players pulling off crazy winrates with all sorts of planes. So I really hope there are other players out there with 80%+ winrate on other classes (his division mates probably? Very Happy). Otherwise noone will take balancing seriously in this game.
sharana and aerroon are very good carrier players too, but sharana said that pape is better and that he is probably the best cv player on eu server Very Happy
there are not many TX CVs around, so the matchmaker puts in opposing teams the usual players over and over, and it looks like pape tends to win more often than not, even against good players

Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:38 pm

im playing Hiryu with strike setup, anyone has Pensacola/Atlanta/Myoko (or even Cleveland)?
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Having had a few more games in the Shokaku I have come to a conclusion. Fuck the Lexington, it can absolutely go the hell, one of his squads is able to wipe out one and a half on mine in maybe ten seconds, given a bit more time he can probably kill all of my bombers because his fighters have buckets of ammo.

Not only are his fighters amazing, doing about fifty more dps but they're bloody slow so dogfighting expert does fuck all because the Shokaku fighters are REALLY fast mitigating my only way of taking out an american CV's fighters.

But they're not slow enough for my planes to get away, oh no, he can shut me down utterly. It says something when I can sink a Taiho or an Essex easily enough but the tier eight makes me want to torpedo myself at the start.

/rant
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:04 pm

are you using fighters on Shokaku?

anyway id like to remind you that Lexington fighters have 146 knots speed, while your dive bombers have 149 knots
i think this could create some... interesting situations for you Very Happy Very Happy
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 pm

I don't use fighters on the Shokaku, they're pretty bad for the tier. Also I've yet to have anyone fall for dive bomber diversions in the higher tier American carriers, either they're getting smarter or I've been unlucky. Probably the latter.

Most sic one squad near their carrier and hunt with the other.
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:47 pm

dunno, maybe you can find something in some replay?

me vs essex, i fucked up the last wave: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8blVIwF0b2LMUxJSk8xVm5tdnc
me (and another hiryu) vs ranger: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8blVIwF0b2LZVczTzJNMC1WV2s
me vs 2 independence (but only 1 had fighters): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8blVIwF0b2LdTBlZFNHdUMybnM
me vs hiryu (this guy kept his fighters close to him for the whole battle): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8blVIwF0b2LZVczTzJNMC1WV2s
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceWoona Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:55 pm

World of Wartubs - Page 3 NRoNmUD

And sometimes you get games like this, The matchmaker is bad with carriers. That enemy Izumo led their attack and outran his cruisers, I sank him two minutes in when he tried to turn away from my torps and made all of them hit, those drops make all the pain worth it.
ScienceWoona
ScienceWoona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

oh, i get it, you are talking about games like this one, right?: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8blVIwF0b2LcDg3NDkyaHZkUkE
enemy ranger demolishes all my planes, but i still get confederate
too bad we lost Sad
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next