READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

World of Warplanes

5 posters

Go down

World of Warplanes Empty World of Warplanes

Post by Enerdshirak Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 am

I couldn't find any WoWP thread in our forum, so here we go now.

The best warplane experience I've ever had! Anyone else playing it? I've teamed up with Barna for the April missions, we got ourselves some camo for our tier5 planes.
I just unlocked my first tier6 fighter today, but don't have the credits to buy it yet. I'd also like to make some progress with heavy fighters and assault planes, but I'm waiting for more discounts. At the moment I see no point in grinding towards tierX, just too few players in the queue, you'll only end up in 3vs3s and shit like that.

Also I talked with Terran about the missions a bit. No need to say they cause bullshit similar to WoT's missions as everyone is trying to complete objectives with planes that are a horrible choice for it. Since I'm lacking heavier planes, I'm stuck on the second mission myself, killing ground targets with a fighter is just not very practicable. I still log in daily to get my two tokens.

All in all there has been a lot of progress in the last time. Some features WoT already has are still missing, but in other points WoWP is way ahead (e.g. HD client, battles with AI).
We also have a WoWP channel on TS now, yay!

Last edited by Terranwrath on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrote tier5 instead of tier6)
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

World of Warplanes Empty Re: World of Warplanes

Post by Deldrin Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 am

wow, has this fallen so low with me leaving?
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran_wrath Thu May 21, 2015 6:32 pm

World of What now?! tongue
Terran_wrath
Terran_wrath
Tank collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm

10/10 thread

really, this thread is so good i'd sticky it but i can't moderate offtopic forums

P.S.: can't wait to hear more about your arty platoons Very Happy
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm glad you like it, Eden. Of course I'm still following your advice to get that Me 410, WoWP's KV-1S. But I'm not very far in the heavy fighter line, waiting for discounts for tier4+. But I'm definitely going to get it.
In general heavy fighters seem to be the most solid and noob-friendly choice in this game, should have grinded those earlier. Fighters are just not that rewarding.

Especially since they altered the ramming system. In the good old days it was just all about ramming. Ram your low tier fighter into a higher tier heavy fighter, job done. The remaining planes would fight it out one way or another.
Now ramming damage is different though and heavy fighters with a lot of hit points will survive your honourable move.
So I finally had to learn how to fly properly, but I think I got it now.

(I could also open a thread about my arty adventures, but I'm not playing arty lately, just trying to get my daily 30 gold and log off. Also I forgot to take screenshots of the death wishes, damn.)
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran_wrath Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 pm

WoWp ramming system World of Warplanes Cl-rd-laugh

WG makes the best jokes.
Terran_wrath
Terran_wrath
Tank collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran_wrath Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

A group picture of the entire WoWp community:
Terran_wrath
Terran_wrath
Tank collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:56 pm

I found Enerd!
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Other guy is me!
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah, and third guy is Charcoal btw. Very Happy

So I continued playing a bit during the last weeks... and it was rather frustrating.
On the plus side I got carried by Charcoal, who also reached tier 5 now. Earned quite some credits playing tier 3 and 4 in the meantime and got myself my first tier6 plane, the BF 109 F, when it was on sale (-30%). In our last 2-3h session on tier 5 I just tried to gather the 40k credits to train a 75% pilot and failed miserably.

One issue is the role of the BF 109 E I'm just not sure about. Of course it's a highly armed and bad manoeuvrable boom and zoom fighter. But even when I finally understood the deeper meaning of the different plane stats, started to differ between each plane's roles and play my plane like it's supposed to be played(?), it did not increase my performance by much. Of course I can climb like crazy at the beginning of the match, but still end up on same height or even beneath some heavy fighters, mostly the BF 110s (which has lower altitude performance, but insanely long boost to get up there). Once they decide to go for me (which happens very often, there are not that many targets up there), it's usually over for me. Either I totally miss it because I'm focused on some other guy and get trashed. Or I try to pull off some crazy corkscrew move to get behind that guy, yet still lose at least 1/3 of my hitpoints, because fuck the other guy's sluggishness when his weapons hit harder and from greater distance. Most of the times he still gets away after that because he's way faster.
Another option seems to be to drop down to lower heights when in danger, but you'll eventually get outturned by Japanese or Sovjet fighters, pretty much no way to avoid that.
I don't really think the BF 109 planes are weak, in fact there are always a lot of sealclubbers playing these, but it seems to be really hard to master.

Talking about sealclubbers... Maybe Charcoal and I just had a really bad day, since you meet the same players over and over again, including the really good ones. There are hardly any high tier battles in WoWP, the new tier8 premiums brought some fresh air into higher tier regions, but other than that there's very little abover tier 6. Which essentially means, you'll meet all the 60%-70% (or even higher, I'm not kidding here) wr players even when playing tier 4 or 5. No need to mention it's just a slaughterfest sometimes and unlike WoT, where a Kolobanov's medal is rather hard to achieve, there are some players in WoWP that manage to win 1vs5 fights on regular basis.

So yeah... I managed to make about 10k credits over the course of few hours, not quite enough for the pilot training. Sad
Also I survived one single match.
I really need to get one of the heavy fighters (waiting for discounts on tier 4), you simply cannot go wrong with high caliber guns.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:16 pm

World of Warplanes TtuA-uamohw
It says something doesn't it?
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT