READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Armored Warfare

+8
Terran_wrath
Phoenixstorm
Abaddon
Enerdshirak
Speed_Of_Pain
Deldrin
MBite
kileras1
12 posters

Go down

Armored Warfare Empty Armored Warfare

Post by kileras1 Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 pm

So, anyone is plannig to play it often after full release? I play now at open test and it's simple AW > WOT. Obvious as dark and white.

Maps(!!!), tanks, teamwork, gameplay, PVE and PVP. Srsly, I'm gona play a lot AW after realease. Damn I love it.

Maybe do a clan there also?
kileras1
T7 CC OP

Back to top Go down

Armored Warfare Empty Re: Armored Warfare

Post by MBite Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Playing pve only, but my pc doesnt like it and overheats a lot.
MBite
MBite
Sneeeeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:50 pm

There is already clan [MLP] but I don't think I will be playing much or at all after release.
In early access I realised this game has some major gameplay issues (no, not arty, arta in AW is actually well done).
DPM on tanks is more often than not bonkers, no tanks are slower than Pershing with - let's be honest - map design and sizes not being THAT much better than in wot (I agree it's better most of the time), games are way more chaotic and often one-sided plus they last just as short as in wot.

Balance issues with MBTs being absolute trash, AFV being OP as fuck, LTs not really fitting into any role.
Also, AW will bring probably the worst part of wot community - disgrunted pros with bad attitude like Lynx, Xen or (heavens forbid) Garbad.
I might play it from time to time with BMD and Swingfire or PvE but other than that this game so far looks meh.

And inb4 someone laughs at me with "hurr durr del wont play cuz shit pc lol" I am getting stable 30-35 fps on 1920x1020 regardless of map even when I tried to stream it (stream died shortly after but w/e)
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed_Of_Pain Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:09 pm

kileras1 wrote: AW > WOT. Obvious as dark and white.
loled, it's opposite to me.
I didn't like AW because :
1) shitty bloatware launcher
2) interface for upgrades/resupply isn't as comfy and retard friendly as in wot. The whole game is less retard friendly in general.
3) no mods, I don't like that retarded round panel in corner of the screen and I can't do shit about it.
4) it still has arty
5) company running that game ? oh they are notorious for making everything pay2win.

I already had a browser fallout knockoff ruined by them "Time Zero" at the peak of the game, mail.ru a.k.a my.com bought them and they sold an in game city for over 200k$ to a few guys that had a clan in that game and it's not even a joke... someone actually paid that kind of money for it. It all went down to 100% pure pay2win since then, and I loved that game. It was the only fallout based mmo that I've heard of and it used to be a good one too.

And there's also their Battlefield knockoff called Warface, that's pay2win at it's best.

You just wait untill game is released and gains audience, they are going to fuck it over like they always do.
I don't say that WG is good or anything, they're full of S as well, but between my.com and WG - I'll pick WG every time.
Speed_Of_Pain
Speed_Of_Pain
Botting unicum

Back to top Go down

Post by kileras1 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Speed_Of_Pain wrote:
kileras1 wrote: AW > WOT. Obvious as dark and white.
loled, it's opposite to me.
2) interface for upgrades/resupply isn't as comfy and retard friendly as in wot. The whole game is less retard friendly in general.
3) no mods, I don't like that retarded round panel in corner of the screen and I can't do shit about it.
4) it still has arty
5) company running that game ? oh they are notorious for making everything pay2win.

U played in like one of first closed alpha?

1) What is shitty about mygame launcher? It works better than WOT one.
2) Dunno like in early acces, but it was comfy for me. It's similar to WOT, also you can easy scroll the tech tree to see overall performance of each tank without clicking each of them.
3) Well, tell me that mods was in alpha/beta wot then I will give you a point.
4) Played arti in AW, it's 2nd most skilled tank class in AW. Seriously, it's nothing like retarded WOT system. I knew how it looks, but after I played it's damn great system and hard to play. Btw, WG will make arti in WOT like the ones in AW [check ritablog], thay said they want some simillar system. So WG is too retarded to think about new things, so they can steal just thing that was made.
5) Nothing p2w so far. PLUS GARAGE SLOTS WILL/ARE NOT BE MONETIZED! FREE GARAGE SLOTS, AND GARAGE IS LIKE THE BEST MONEY MAKER FOR FIRM/GAME LIKE THIS.

still, AW > WOT

I don't rly like crew system in AW, but they state it will change before release. Just wait, and we will see how the game will be. Last open test was great and full of positives.

Deldrin wrote:
Balance issues with MBTs being absolute trash, AFV being OP as fuck, LTs not really fitting into any role.

I might play it from time to time with BMD and Swingfire or PvE but other than that this game so far looks meh.

And inb4 someone laughs at me with "hurr durr del wont play cuz shit pc lol" I am getting stable 30-35 fps on 1920x1020 regardless of map even when I tried to stream it (stream died shortly after but w/e)

There was many balances already. I would say MBTs are good, LT are great, togetehr with AFV.

Why would you play Swingfire, it's completly trash. 45km/h, no armour with 2 rockets and averange damage... I want to sell it as fast as I can.

And ye, AW have more stable fps, I woudl say it may be even better optimalized than WOT.

kileras1
T7 CC OP

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:46 pm

Speed_Of_Pain wrote:
4) it still has arty

I already had a browser fallout knockoff ruined by them "Time Zero" at the peak of the game, mail.ru a.k.a my.com bought them and they sold an in game city for over 200k$ to a few guys that had a clan in that game and it's not even a joke... someone actually paid that kind of money for it. It all went down to 100% pure pay2win since then, and I loved that game. It was the only fallout based mmo that I've heard of and it used to be a good one too.

And there's also their Battlefield knockoff called Warface, that's pay2win at it's best.

You just wait untill game is released and gains audience, they are going to fuck it over like they always do.
I don't say that WG is good or anything, they're full of S as well, but between my.com and WG - I'll pick WG every time.
1)Agree with the launcher, it's retarded.
2) GOOD. VERY GOOD.
3) >early access
>no mods
top kek
Besides, AW runs on Cry Engine which has quite large SDK so yeah. There are probably gonna be more mods than to wot.
4)at least AW arty is support class not HUEHUEHUHEUEHUEHEUHE 3k in one shot. Also it kinda sucks, not that I am bothered by it because I probably wont play arta.
5) At least Obsidian makes awesome games, so there's that.

kileras1 wrote:
Why would you play Swingfire, it's completly trash. 45km/h, no armour with 2 rockets and averange damage... I want to sell it as fast as I can.
480m spotting with barely anything boosted, insane camo and almost no camo loss on shooting.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 am

kileras1 wrote:So WG is too retarded to think about new things, so they can steal just thing that was made.

Really, drag0n? RD oh u
What is Armored Warfare then? You think they came up with the idea to match tanks 15 vs 15? And just look at the interface, both in garage and ingame, the way every single element is designed and arranged. Doesn't this look awfully familiar to you or do you really think this is some kind of innovation?

No, it's not a carbon copy of WoT, but just look at the game, look at which audience they are targeting, think of the employment of that idiotic zealot named Silentstalker (for whatever official purpose). It's obvious that they are just trying to create their own, "better" version of World of Tanks. And no matter if they succeed or not or what this game looks like when it's done, no matter the modern tanks and different maps, it will always just be another WoT to me. Including all its inherent flaws like utter shit teams, extremely onesided games, "don't cap, kill all" match throwaways, questionable third party ratings + xvm-like mods, Silentstalker, everlasting balance issues, wannabe progamers, stupid and cancerous community, afk bots, blocking, teamkilling, chat flames, ... and of course Silentstalker.

So after 20k+ matches in WoT, would I pick up a game like this again? Start grinding from scratch just to inevitably face the same level of idiocy that probably made me quit WoT in the first place?
Hell no! Very Happy
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:22 pm

ships > tanks
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed_Of_Pain Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Devs said there won't be any mods allowed in AW. And all that would be fair enough if they would give a decent choice of gui interface options, but they didn't do that yet.

As I said, it's all nice and balanced while they gain audience, then they slam on the pay2win button and slowly but surely make it shit, happened too many times with that company to make me believe that this time it's going to be any different, maybe first 1/2 - 3/4 of a year it will stay pretty clean, it depends on how fast it will grow.

Any arty is evil, it's maybe better in AW than in WoT, but the notification that I'm getting aimed/shot by arty didn't help me when some faggot was just holding me permatracked.

I did like the PVE mode but PVP is just retarded.

I did like WoWS but it seems I'm not that good @ it so I stay in WoT for now, especially after they buffed T110E5 Very Happy I still believe that WG can get their shit together and just fix arty in WoT and make it perfect...
Speed_Of_Pain
Speed_Of_Pain
Botting unicum

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 am

Ok, everything is going as expected I guess.

So there's this huge ass community (Stammtisch) thread in the german WoT section where potatos and unicums post alike, kind of like the "Frontline News", but not limited to banter between clans, also covering discussion of news, tanks, a lot of meta talk just about playing the game. If you want to know what's happening in and around WoT at the moment, you'll find out just by visiting the last couple pages. (In fact a whole section is dedicated to this, clans are setting up joint teams, etc., pretty much everything's allowed except clan recruitment)

Not surprisingly a lot of the Stammtisch members got a taste of AW lately, so this Otto dude tried to establish a similar Stammtisch thread in the german "general discussion" section of the AW forums, just for chatting about AW, its players and clans.
After a few minutes waiting time and approval of moderator (yep, that's how they handle it there), the thread finally appeared in the Off-Topic section, only to be closed by another moderator after four posts.
Basically he states that single topics are to be discussed in seperate threads, there is no need for big threads. Also pls no discussion about game modifications, that's not wanted there, not even in Off-Topic.
Holy shit, kinda like internet in China, apparently you have to be careful what you say.

Fair enough, so attempts are made to recreate the thread (maybe avoiding the mod issue), but to no avail, no moderator approval. Already prepared for a third attempt, an unexpected visitor (noone even knew he speaks german as well) posts in the Stammtisch, expressing his disapproval and "thanks for the warning".

Holy fuck, not that I didn't see shit like that coming (see my previous post), but makes me want to avoid AW even more now.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixstorm Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:38 pm

The Mods in the AW Forum are Monkeys ... they close a thread (Created Jan. 2014) with the Comment that a topic already exist and this "Topic" was created (04-26-2015) 1 year and 3 month later ... that makes sense No
Phoenixstorm
Phoenixstorm

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phoenixstorm36

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran_wrath Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:30 am

95% of all mods are monkeys:P

But besides... yes, WG staff may be dicks, but at least there is some kind of "freedom of speech" at the WG forum. THough it used to be funner back then when I was a forum monkey. Good times:3
Anyone remember DougHole's polls? deamy going berserk on WG mods getting banned the 150st time... Merquise commenting everyting and all the other assholes:P
Terran_wrath
Terran_wrath
Tank collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

Terran_wrath wrote:DougHole's polls
oh my god, it feels like an eternity ago
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm

I guess to each and every game that's been around for a few years, there's something to look back at and refer to as the "good old times". DougHole's stories are clearly part of that. Very Happy
Just as Kolaski's signatures.
Spoiler:
Gosh, I just miss LiveIT's glorious PTS vs EFE crusades.

WoT forums are really far from the worst. Moderators usually just don't care that much and community can deal with idiots themselves. In the end you need some forum staff that is able to provide some constructive input instead of supressing topics all the time.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Enerdshirak wrote:Gosh, I just miss LiveIT's glorious PTS vs EFE crusades.
the fuck happened to him?
i still remember his 1vs1 threads

someone beat him 5-0 and he had to close his account? Very Happy
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Grzyby Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I started playing AW. Got to 4 tier in 3 days. "Sessions" are quicker than in wot, less camping, more movement, the game isn't so grindy like wot and doesn't feel so much like "PEY US MONEHZ OR DIEE!!1"... It's much less hectic. Sor far, it feels more like AN ACTUAL GAME, not some 'obligatory' zombie-ing trough thousands of thousands of exp to get anywhere.
I could give more reasons why for me AW>WoT but I don't want to (and I suck at writing long posts anyway).

Only thing I need is some company to play with. And, maybe TeamSpeak. I have the same nickname like here.
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu May 19, 2016 1:12 pm

WoWs>[anything that doesnt have ships]
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Grzyby Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm

But ofc if OPbsidian starts shitting on it, I'll quit.
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by TrixieFan Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 pm

I play Armored Warfare too.Highest tier 8 Ariete-MBT at the moment.In-game name Retributioner just like in wot tongue
TrixieFan
TrixieFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcane Spirit Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I love AW. Fuck the PVP though. Seriously, the only reason I will play AW is the PVE, which is absolutely fucking great.

And so, for that exact reason:
MBTs are almost OP (the Challenger absolutely is Very Happy)
AFVs and TDs are amazing if you stay at the back wrecking everything
LTs actually have a point.
Arty.
Add to that that the standard of player that does PVE is so much nicer, with almost no salt, cancer or salty cancer nowhere to be found and you have - in my opinion - a vastly more enjoyable game than WoT.

Go into PVP however, and I'd rather play WoT.

Also, I hate the way that the MBTs drive. Makes it feel like you're driving a fukken Maus around everywhere. Leo2AV being the exception with my experience.

Last edited by Arcane Spirit on Sun May 22, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stop asking me for a reason you waste of programming)
Arcane Spirit
Arcane Spirit
Resident Whiner

Back to top Go down

Post by Karller Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 am

Arcane Spirit wrote:Also, I hate the way that the MBTs drive. Makes it feel like you're driving a fukken Maus around everywhere. Leo2AV being the exception with my experience.

They feel more like driving an IS-4 to me.
Karller
Karller

http://steamcommunity.com/id/karller

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcane Spirit Sun May 29, 2016 3:31 pm

So I have a new favourite tank.
The VFM Mk 5.

It turns like nothing else I know of. It has an impressive DPM and the turret traverse is insane. It has enough armour to stop the fucking autocannons from tearing you to shreds and it's FAST.
If you can spare the 3200 gold and you can tolerate Obsidian's fucking stupid way of buying gold, it's well worth it.
Arcane Spirit
Arcane Spirit
Resident Whiner

Back to top Go down

Post by Karller Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:50 am

Arcane Spirit wrote:Obsidian's fucking stupid way of buying gold.
More like my.com's way, as they're the host site.
Karller
Karller

http://steamcommunity.com/id/karller

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Patch 0.16 has made a great game absolutely amazing. All the little things that irritated me about the game: Lack of hull traverse, 70 ton vehicles slowing to half speed from hitting a lamppost, buggy minimaps, all of them are fixed. And it's fucking amazing. Guys, I urge you all to update and play it.

Or at least play PVE. If I wanna play PVP, I play WoT. It's less cancerous.
Arcane Spirit
Arcane Spirit
Resident Whiner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down