READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Europa Universalis Multiplayer

+4
Liriax87
Deldrin
Enerdshirak
Barnahadnagy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Europa Universalis Multiplayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Europa Universalis Multiplayer

Post by Liriax87 Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:34 pm

I would be available next week.
Liriax87
Liriax87
WoWs submarine beta tester

Back to top Go down

Europa Universalis Multiplayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Europa Universalis Multiplayer

Post by Enerdshirak Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 pm

So we are done with the previous match? (Just asking, I'm totally ok with a new round.)
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:47 am

I think with all the DLCs now available, it is a good idea to start a new one.
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear_Skies Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:25 pm

I'm allready practicing with the teutonic order for our game :3
Clear_Skies
Clear_Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:07 pm

I'll mod them out quickly then Trollestia
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Okay, so next week was it? When would be the first good time for you guys?
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liriax87 Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

8 o#clock on thuseday?
Liriax87
Liriax87

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Alright. Who can we expect for this? You, Soma, Clear Skies and myself for sure, Enerd? Anyone else?
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Ok, so since we're done with our previous game, I can just quickly summarize it from my point of view.
We got to something like ~1630 and thus managed to finish half of the potential match time. Quite good.
I don't regret my pick, Brittany was awesome, though I had a catastrophic start. Three comet-like events, a rebel army (also triggered by event) that was larger than my own, a 1/2/1 ruler who lived for ~75 years and no possibility to expand for several decades, since that fucker Eden allied with France. :c
Finally (and with a lot of luck and aid) I was able to expand. Colony-wise everything was working out perfectly. Portugal claimed pretty much all of Africa's coastline which was one of the targets I had in mind, but Panda and I were able to take North America first. So Crotchboobia grew at an insane rate, while France and Britain were late to the party and had to share South America with Spain. Although not overly profitable, I'm really happy how well everything went over there. Sadly the bug of events not triggering in some sessions prevented the colonies to grow even faster, but this buggy shit can be even worse. Imagine playing a muslim county and not getting events to adjust your piety. Also I think some of you had some trouble, too. (Barna's electoral monarchy being stuck with some 0/0/0 bullshit?)
Refomation was a catastrophy. I can't believe all of you converted to Protestantism. No The whole reformation coming from former Scotland and Netherlands skipping France and hitting me first didn't help at all. In the end I was able to raise my religious unity to sufficient levels via policies and my missionaries were able to convert provinces still having zeal. I've already been controller of the curia several times, but as one of the last catholics on earth (and with the reformation ending 1650) all the trouble would have paid off even more in the future, but now it ended here.

So in a nutshell: Shit start, slowly expanding into France, colonies, reformation. Anything more exciting to say? Hardly, and I'd say this is mostly due to game settings. Lucky nations, yeah, whatever, you can choose to play them or not. But player bonus enabled, seriously? One reason I suggested medium difficulty was to not simply degrade AI nations to free expansion territory (see page 1), but now exactly this was the case (yeah, I know, says the guy who struggled so hard against France, but still). It was not until our ~third session when I realized the consequences and that my alliances with Burgundy, Spain and Portugal were basically worth shit and that player army limit will always outclass AI nations in the long run. Can't believe soma was happy with his Byzantine pet either.
Then what was the point of all of us sitting in Europe? We could just as well have had player sitting in Africa/Asia/America. Would have limited the player alliances and interactions, but hardly altered the ultimate outcome. A few player controlled nations eating up the rest of the world and waiting for the big bang.

So all in all, the fun level was... ok, but not overwhelming. It's partly the game itself. Still having to endure the crap you caused two sessions ago is just painful sometimes. Then the game dynamics turned out to be really silly. Too predictable, not very exciting.
Of course it also had its fun moments, so yeah, I'm up for another match. But I'm still running 1.10 and have no clue how the newest version looks like. Also EU4 has rather low priority for me right now, so don't mind me if I drop out at some point.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Ah yes 0/0/0 was great Razz We'll see what happens with all these expansions now.

Last edited by Barnahadnagy on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear_Skies Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm

So, when are we going to start then? ^^
Clear_Skies
Clear_Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Today at eight supposedly.
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear_Skies Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm

Oh, good that I asked, otherwise I might have missed it Sad
Clear_Skies
Clear_Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Hum. Id love to play crusader kings 2. these are my fav times Wink
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liriax87 Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks for the quick summary Enerd. I have to say, that from my point of view it was quite intense playing with non AI in Europe. I started as Brandeburg and it was quite a challange to expand while having eden as an Emperor. I had a lot of bargaining all over the place.

I understand why your experience is so diffrent from those. As you said You where on the edge of Europe with no human interaction at all (exept eden having an alliance with France)

That's why I would aviod to split up over the whole globe. Because if we do that you could also play a singeplayer game.

On player Bonuses I am totaly on your side Enerd. I dont want to have the AI too week so the nations can expand too quick.
Liriax87
Liriax87

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:43 pm

lol enerd

well, first, burgundy would have been destroyed on the second session IF the event kicked in correctly...
second, all of us in the same continent with these settings was the right choice
third, germany won

anyway it was fun to play diplomacy for the first few decades and annexing kebab countries afterwards (for the glory of the motherland ofc)

liriax i still blame you for not taking danzig
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:04 pm

DANZIG POLISCH CITY KURWA!
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liriax87 Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Abaddon wrote: third, germany won

Deutschland! Deutschland!
Liriax87
Liriax87

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Deldrin wrote:DANZIG POLISCH CITY KURWA!
you said danzig instead of gdansk Trollestia Trollestia Trollestia Trollestia
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Abaddon wrote:well, first, burgundy would have been destroyed on the second session IF the event kicked in correctly...
I know, it pretty much always disappears within 60 years, but initially it's one of the strongest nations which always hires a shitton of mercenaries when at war. France doesn't even stand a chance vs Burgundy + some other nation like Castille.

Abaddon wrote:second, all of us in the same continent with these settings was the right choice
Well, if you think cleansing Europe of any AI and player nations sitting next to each other and sharing the same borders for hundreds of years was fun, then yes. I think it was a bit retarded.

Abaddon wrote:third, germany won
Amen.

Liriax87 wrote:I understand why your experience is so diffrent from those. As you said You where on the edge of Europe with no human interaction at all (exept eden having an alliance with France)
Yes, that was a rather remote position, but it was intentional. I absolutely hate being dragged into wars I'm not yet ready for and that primarily benefits my allies and not me. In Singleplayer games you can still fuck over your allies somehow. With human allies however I consider this a lot more stressful. Which doesn't mean there was no interaction with other players. I fought some wars along other players, too, and spent quite some time in Steam chat, doing some background diplomacy. Also my intention never was to purely avoid players, but quite the opposite, to participate in some major war between players. That never happened however.

And I'm not saying we should put one player on each continent, but as for all 6 players starting in Europe, I still don't think this was a good idea. Just look at how Barna's Commonwealth ended up locked inbetween Liriax' Germany, Soma's Hungary and Eden's Russia in no time. I think I have to look out for some remote corner again. Razz
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Enerdshirak wrote:
Abaddon wrote:well, first, burgundy would have been destroyed on the second session IF the event kicked in correctly...
I know, it pretty much always disappears within 60 years, but initially it's one of the strongest nations which always hires a shitton of mercenaries when at war. France doesn't even stand a chance vs Burgundy + some other nation like Castille.
you perfectly know my plan was to ally france for fighting burgundy and kill the burgundian monarch in battle
and i managed to do it, sadly the event didnt trigger until we started a new session (think about how many things could have changed if burgundy was annexed by me 20 or 30 years earlier)

Enerdshirak wrote:
Abaddon wrote:second, all of us in the same continent with these settings was the right choice
Well, if you think cleansing Europe of any AI and player nations sitting next to each other and sharing the same borders for hundreds of years was fun, then yes. I think it was a bit retarded.
with the player bonus&shit you would then have 2 players dividing europe in 2 and systematically conquering the whole world piece by piece while the other players scramble to teach the alphabet to their populations just to have a chance to fight off colonisers
at least, this way we prevented players from becoming overpowered... by giving to each player countries that are overpowered to begin with, not my fault every overpowered country is in europe Trollestia

Enerdshirak wrote:
Liriax87 wrote:I understand why your experience is so diffrent from those. As you said You where on the edge of Europe with no human interaction at all (exept eden having an alliance with France)
Yes, that was a rather remote position, but it was intentional. I absolutely hate being dragged into wars I'm not yet ready for and that primarily benefits my allies and not me. In Singleplayer games you can still fuck over your allies somehow. With human allies however I consider this a lot more stressful. Which doesn't mean there was no interaction with other players. I fought some wars along other players, too, and spent quite some time in Steam chat, doing some background diplomacy. Also my intention never was to purely avoid players, but quite the opposite, to participate in some major war between players. That never happened however.

And I'm not saying we should put one player on each continent, but as for all 6 players starting in Europe, I still don't think this was a good idea. Just look at how Barna's Commonwealth ended up locked inbetween Liriax' Germany, Soma's Hungary and Eden's Russia in no time. I think I have to look out for some remote corner again. Razz
the longest war between players was me against barna, and lasted 2 minutes (silesia righful reich clay)
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Good point about the alternate scenario with two players splitting Europe, others struggling, etc., but it's not as easy as that. Strongly depends on picked nations in Europe. Even with player bonus but less human player density in Europe, AI controlled Austria and France can slow down your progress considerably. Unlawful territory and agressive expension are a bigger issue when having less players and more AI around.
Then you underestimate the other nations. Of course Europe is top notch, but something like Mamlucks can be really nice. And I once beat Russia with Timurids, without even westernizing (but with getting rid of horde status and becoming muslim nation first). Of course you're not getting anywhere by playing Cree or Mogadishu.
Even in the scenario of two players splitting Europe and the rest being not that advanced it's all up to diplomacy. The two European guys working together all game long is highly unlikely...
In the end it's pretty clear that some nations will always play a major and some always a minor role.

Abaddon wrote:you perfectly know my plan was to ally france for fighting burgundy and kill the burgundian monarch in battle
Yes, that was a major hindrance and I always had to wait until that double-minded France broke your alliance. That would have consequences however. My new main goal was to utterly DESTROY Austria and you knew exactly this was going to happen! That's why you fled your country and switched to Muscovy. You couldn't stand the WRATH OF BRITTANY!!!112QWFUIPBFSAIOJWR
gg
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnahadnagy Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 pm

I wanted more battles and wars, but Commonwealth army was only good for display. I was 2-3 behind miltech or so. And since diplomacy with russia froze (cant change rivals), and I had no intentions of waging a war against it, I either stayed in peace, or suicided Russia / Germany / whatever.
Barnahadnagy
Barnahadnagy
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Enerdshirak wrote:Good point about the alternate scenario with two players splitting Europe, others struggling, etc., but it's not as easy as that. Strongly depends on picked nations in Europe. Even with player bonus but less human player density in Europe, AI controlled Austria and France can slow down your progress considerably. Unlawful territory and agressive expension are a bigger issue when having less players and more AI around.
Then you underestimate the other nations. Of course Europe is top notch, but something like Mamlucks can be really nice. And I once beat Russia with Timurids, without even westernizing (but with getting rid of horde status and becoming muslim nation first). Of course you're not getting anywhere by playing Cree or Mogadishu.
Even in the scenario of two players splitting Europe and the rest being not that advanced it's all up to diplomacy. The two European guys working together all game long is highly unlikely...
In the end it's pretty clear that some nations will always play a major and some always a minor role.

Abaddon wrote:you perfectly know my plan was to ally france for fighting burgundy and kill the burgundian monarch in battle
Yes, that was a major hindrance and I always had to wait until that double-minded France broke your alliance. That would have consequences however. My new main goal was to utterly DESTROY Austria and you knew exactly this was going to happen! That's why you fled your country and switched to Muscovy. You couldn't stand the WRATH OF BRITTANY!!!112QWFUIPBFSAIOJWR
gg
sure, so scared about brittany Razz
i switched country because, as you said, in a player controlled europe, diplomacy does not have that much effect, and i got tired of playing a mostly diplomatic country (the only time i annexed 1 region i got that much aggressive expension penalty that i wasnt able to enter any war for at least 10 years); also liriax destroyed my reich

Barnahadnagy wrote:I wanted more battles and wars, but Commonwealth army was only good for display. I was 2-3 behind miltech or so. And since diplomacy with russia froze (cant change rivals), and I had no intentions of waging a war against it, I either stayed in peace, or suicided Russia / Germany / whatever.
thx for being a great buffer zone
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by DerpyHooves400 Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:20 pm

hey guys im just going to ask if some of u might want to start a new eu4 mp campaign.
I would have all dlc´s etc Smile
DerpyHooves400
DerpyHooves400

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum