READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

fooling around in gimp with gradient tool

3 posters

Go down

fooling around in gimp with gradient tool Empty fooling around in gimp with gradient tool

Post by Deldrin Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm

From time to time I like to play with gradient tool and blending options with multiple layers here are the effects:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

you're free to use them as background or something
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

fooling around in gimp with gradient tool Empty Re: fooling around in gimp with gradient tool

Post by Twilight_Sparkle Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Trippy! Could you make something like the first one but 1366x768? Also without the purple patches, just the color of the hazy glass on a cloudy day.
Twilight_Sparkle
Twilight_Sparkle

Back to top Go down

fooling around in gimp with gradient tool Empty Re: fooling around in gimp with gradient tool

Post by CptFluttershy Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Some look very nice!

Could u explain how you´ve done that?
CptFluttershy
CptFluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Twi, will try but I can't promise you anything becasue that one is very old and I forgot how I did this and the output is very random. Read below to know why is that.

Fluttershy:
>Gradient tool, color A to color B.
>Pick two contrasting colors (but not too much contrast - it will look too flashy and unatractive) I recommend picking colors form ponies' palettes, seriously they work very well eg.: 5th is just 4th picture with slapped Rarity's coat and mane color onto it once.
>Then there are two ways:
1: Gradient blending mode to difference, shape linear, few radial and/or cones to make lines more curvy and keep spamming these gradients until you get something nicely looking. You might want to try some other blending modes just for fun. And remember ctrl+z is your friend.
2: Gradient blending mode to normal, shapes as above. This time every time you add new gradient you add another layer and set its blending mode to difference or anything you're fancy.
>At the end you can put one layer of gradient in color/hue/saturation mode to just lower palette of colors on picture (just as in #6 example). It's optional tho.
>To make these reflections as seen on 4-6 add another transparent layer. Brush, sparks (or any random-animated brush you have some splatter brushes would be nice; Im using gimp so this is the only one available without downloading new) make a lot of lines with it. Desaturate. Filters -> distortions -> waves. Low amplitude and big wave length. Apply. Layer blending mode illumination/lighten/brighten (I have no idea how would it be in English)
>After that you can play some with colors levels and curves.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum