READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style

5 posters

Go down

Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style Empty Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style

Post by Valkyrie Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Ethernal struggle in the world where there is only war. Unfortunately Solar Guard was being evaporated most of the time so we have little pictures of them at the moment. All screenshots taken by Arto, I will try to get some myself next time. Game is "Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade" - if you really don't recognize it.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Too bad we don't have triple Lunar Baneblade pics. Or a close look at 'Lunar Russ' tank. Well, all of it is coming - as soon as we have another battle.

Update #1

Last edited by Valkyrie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style Empty Re: Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style

Post by Twilight_Sparkle Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 pm

This is amazing! Post it on derpibooru :3
Twilight_Sparkle
Twilight_Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style Empty Re: Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style

Post by Valkyrie Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 pm

When we'll get better quality (both graphics and content) pictures, why not. I don't even know where that derpibooru is, but I guess someone will figure it out eventually.

Also we were playing on "very hard" setting and got our plots kicked a few times (within one game) with literal flood of Solar Guard. Artillery proved to be very useful after some time. I guess only Arto's defense line was not broken at any point. He substituted standard Imperial Guard tactic of "infantry protecting vehicles" by "infantry protecting gun emplacements and heavy weapons teams". Worked either way.

Oh, and having three same "unique" units in one place (like Beneblades or Kasrkins) and in same camo always looks great. :3
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 am

Very nice. I used to play this game a lot (mostly as Space Marines or Eldar). It's one of those games which really encourages using custom skins. Did you buy Soul Storm too? Many players did not or returned to Dark Crusade soon.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 am

B̢͖̝̦̼͍̐͞͝L̸͚͕̮̤̻̯͎ͭ̿̆̊ͩ̈̉ͦ̚͘͢ͅỎ̴̵̠͖͉̤͓̻͓͕͌̋́Ō̢̤̳ͣD̨͍͎̻̱̼̺͚̮͋͒̋̉ͧ̅͊́̚ ̞̺̦̱̮̌̄ͪ́͐ͨͪ͟F͇͎͍͈̮̜͗̂̅̅͒ͩ̉O̸̷̜̞͚̪̹̺̩̩̦̚R͇̲̈́̈ͩ̏́͞ ̧̳̫̺̞̎̿ͭͣ͛̋ͧͭ͝T̶͇̪̪̭̬͙͐ͬ̿̐͗ͭͪ̾͢H̟̲̅͊̒̿͆ͩͨ͌̕Ẹ̷̝͕̥̳̈́͗̉ͨ̉ͤ͂͘͠ ̢͚͔̥̤͗̏̔͗ͤ̈́͒̓̋B̛̭̥̹̬̱̠͈̮̂ͯ̎͒ͬL̷̪̞͕ͯ̇̓̈́͋͜O̵̙̥ͮͩ͛̀̚ͅO̷̼̭̱͚̙ͣ̎ͭ̋͘Ḏ͎̼̠̱̮̟̯̓͌̃̒͗ͬ͌ ̡ͫ̾ͯ͏̥̜̳̬͈̹̞͟G̬ͫ͂O͓̦͍̭̾̈̂ͅḎ̯͉̘̺̤͙ͬ̾̐͗́́
̫̲̬̓ͧͩ͌
̷̮̭̮̖̦̥̬̱̋ͧ͆́̄̀D̮̣͓̏ͨ͌̅̌̋͗̒̎͢Ȇ̈̾͂̆̉͆ͨ͏̰̘͙̜̕͡Ȁ͈̯̥͇͈̣͓̂̕Ț͔͓͈̊͗́͋͐ͮ̀̚̕͜H̶̶̲͍͚͖ͯͫ̈́̇͗̚͞ ̸̢͈̙̐̿̇̿T̩̫̭̫ͮ̒̿ͦ͑O̶̧̝͔̳̼̜͈͍ͧ̎͛̽̆͜ ̴̱̘̭͎͔̳̝͈̿̉ͮͦͤ̌ͭ̚͡T̴̟̫͚̦̗͂ͬ̅H̡̛̝̬ͧͯ̍̃̚̚Ẽ̬̆̏͊ͫ̔̾̚ ̶̥ͨͤ̅F̶̮̼̮̑̑ͥͮ͊̈͐͡Ầ̷͖͖͕ͩ͂̔ͣ̊͒ͯ͜͝L̶̠͙͍̣͍̮ͦ̓͘͝ͅS̗̫̝̹̖̬̪̰̅͒̂̂E̟̦̠͉̯̞̓ͧͣ͒̒̊̈ͥ́͘ ̷̢̩̜̆͛̿̈́̈́E͎͈̻͖̠̩̍ͨ͆͆ͤM̢͎̲͓͕̋ͣͬ̾̋̅ͮP̧͚̰̯͉͂͌̀E̷̘̜̖͍̬͑͒͂̓R̸̤̹͔͈̠͕̮̮͙̓ͬ̎̐̓ͮ̚͘O̽̈́̎̏ͯͮ҉̵̦̺̗̖̞̠Ṟ̵͋ͦ̀͒ͭͨ͋̃̕

But no, really this looks awesome I reaaly liked playing Chaos
2 squads of marines all with heavy bolters, rhino filled with 3 squads of Berserkers, Chaos Lord, Sorcerer, Defiler, and a Squad of Demons. Cheap way to have good all-round small army composition.
Also Tau and Fire Warrior's elite squad spam + spotters. Or just triple XV-88 in Devilfish.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arto Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:00 am

I have gained the title of the commanding officer of "Lunar Guard Royal Engineers" due to my defensive line with heavy gun emplacements, sentry turrets and grenade launcher teams for knockdowns. My defensive line held THROUGH ALL THE TIME. Not once did my men fail, NOT ONE HEAVY WEAPON WAS DESTROYED!
I am the CoH British, BUT IN SPACE!

Oh, and I was raining down Earthshakers on the blobs attacking Valkyrie and Kotojka, thankfully I was in the middle so I could support them both D:
Arto
Arto

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 am

You also had the biggest turret "body" count in your defense line. We'll have to recreate this camo pattern in Spess Mareins and make an ODST team.

And no, I didn't buy SS. DC only.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight_Sparkle Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Deldrun, Zalgo doesn't work on our forum Sad
Twilight_Sparkle
Twilight_Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arto Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:19 pm

My tactic is assault defence.
Moving your defences to the enemy base, one stronghold at a time.

It's basically a slow moving, well armored turtle shooting everything and making explosions. AND IT'S BLOODY EFFECTIVE.
Arto
Arto

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 pm

And then the enemy learned how to orbital bombardment...
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:29 pm

I had DC somewhere... Uncle Tonny O'Rent bought me it mind you.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 am

This is my idea of smart army composition in campagin:

200 elite guard Necron Warriors + Monolith + 50 Immortals

soundslegit.jpg

Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style RP94Sl
Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire: Warhammer Style KShM0l
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Arto Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Necrons, an army that basically plays itself, and is so OP that Space Marines and Eldars seem to be perfectly balanced.
Arto
Arto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down