READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs

4 posters

Go down

Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs Empty Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs

Post by Grzyby Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:42 pm

READ Boy, have I had some adventure today.

It all started with my wish to clean up the mess in my PC, to relieve CPU and RAM. I downloaded polish software to do the job (Odkurzacz ftw) and scanned the shit out of it at once, saved me 1,5 GB which is nice.
And then I decided to finally get rid of that broken, non-working Avast! program and reinstall it once and for all. Evil or Very Mad  At the end it wanted me to reset the PC, so I did, and my keyboard stopped responding. Along with the touchpad. Razz
Reason - broken driver, something wrong in the command line or some crap like that.
I couldn't type the password to log in, yet I could switch on a software keyboard, which was great, but my mouse is derpy already - sometimes it doesn't respond to a click, sometimes it clicks twice. Trollestia
Next, an internet connection had to be made (my net is provided by my university) with much longer password. With help of my mouse. The password does not appear on the screen Trollestia Trollestia Trollestia 
After some more time of  NOOOOOOOOO! I found an option to make clicking sounds whenever it typed.
Suspicions came to me, that it has to do something with Avast!. There were problems uninstalling it earlier, so it stayed in my hard drive for few months. Not protecting my PC. Hooray me Derpy Hooves 
After contacting my dad, I got to know from him viruses can make impossible to install any antivirus programms. And when such feat DOES get accomplished, the virus make the program a zombie, spreading the virus all around the nookes and corners of the computer. Pretty neat huh?  Murder  Fortunately, this was not the case here.
So I was searching and surfing trough the internet with just the muse and soft. keyb. lmao searching... and searching... For this laptop keyboard drive. This is when I found (after ransacking deeper in the hardware guts) that this kindly baby has been 8 years around. Wow. Time passes.
 silent Having found nothing worthy, I decided to get rid off my little useless antivirus troublemaker.
Control panel, uninstall programs... It never worked before, but THIS TIME I got an info I may want to download avastclear.exe, which was specially created for the problem of not Avast! files that wanted to stay on yor drive so hard.... What. The. Hell. Oh well, mischievous viruses we're talking about here.

Installed at an express rate. PC reset like always. Keyboard & touchpad work like nothing in the world happened.

Signing out,
Hodor
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs Empty Re: Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs

Post by Deldrin Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:33 am

I don't trust computer cleaner programs, the only time I used one, it made my right mouse button almost unusable on desktop because it deleted files from iso mounting program. Also, imo antivirs are good only if you're reckless on the internet or you have people messing with your computer. ComboFix & HiJackThis ftw! At worst SUPER! Antispyware.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs Empty Re: Kids, we better have secured and cleaned up PCs with working antivirus programs

Post by Grzyby Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 am

I am helluva reckless on the internet, exploring the shit out of it like a curious newborn.
I'll check these programs, thank you Wink
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by Switchtense Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 am

also a very useful thing to do is backup your important stuff
and then when you happen to get a virus simply wipe your hard drive, reinstall windows and its dealt with
can save a lot of trouble and time, obviously only in some situations, but you never know
Switchtense
Switchtense

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 pm

oh, don't try keeping ComboFix & HiJackThis. These programs are only useful when you suspect an infection and they do nothing to prevent them. They are just great at finding and removing them when they are present.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Did you try plugging in an USB keyboard?
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Grzyby Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 am

Our unquestionably totally glorious and almighty invincible leader wrote:oh, don't try keeping ComboFix & HiJackThis. These programs are only useful when you suspect an infection and they do nothing to prevent them. They are just great at finding and removing them when they are present.
If you say so.
Guess this all just repeats itself - all dem programs working only whenever shit already hit the fan, when they should, like, cut its power off or sth? Rolling Eyes 

Switchtgense wrote:also a very useful thing to do is backup your important stuff
and then when you happen to get a virus simply wipe your hard drive, reinstall windows and its dealt with
can save a lot of trouble and time, obviously only in some situations, but you never know
Yeah, did that already but I'm helpless left alone. When something really happens I'm paralyzed. Not big surprise.
I'm starting about switching to Linux, though with my current state it may take me few more... years to actually applicate the thing into RL..

Abaddon wrote:Did you try plugging in an USB keyboard?
Jokes on you I don't have that.  Trollestia 

PS My problems did not end there, my keyboard options got removed from the taskbar.

Lil prick.  Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

I was learning 2 other languages with the help of it, that's what I was fuckin' doing! Then I took the THIRD one.....THIRD BUDDIES! IT. WAS. THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! oh no 
AND th- and TIBETAN was its name, TIBETAN was its motherfuckin' name... OMC I am not going to heaven, I already sold my soul to Buddha!
So I just wanted to tell you right now, DON'T go studying oriental languages. DON'T DO IT PAL, it is like Nirvana! Remember what I'm saying to you!!
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:38 am

Grzyby wrote:
Abaddon wrote:Did you try plugging in an USB keyboard?
Jokes on you I don't have that.  Trollestia 
And i guess you have an USB mouse...?
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Grzyby Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Yep.
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Grzyby wrote:Yep.
My psychic powers are telling me you have windows 8 (???)
Edit: It doesnt matter actually; but why you keep writing "PC" if you have a notebook? (this confused me a lot)
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Grzyby Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Vista.

I imagine a Personal Computer doesn't have to consist of separate parts (monitor, keyboard, CPU etc etc), but it can have them all in one piece of plastic&metal to perform its primary functions.
For me, laptops and notebooks are like mobile PCs.

I'm not strict with these definitions and don't care about it.
Grzyby
Grzyby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum