READ Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Rainbow Dash is overrated
by Deldrin Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

» Crossout
by Deldrin Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:33 am

» Release the SPAM! (non-pony related)
by Grzyby Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

» World of Wartubs
by MBite Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

» Barna's anime corner
by MelonChaser Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

» year
by Karller Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

» [NSFW] Our brilliant Cocksketch sessions! [NSFW]
by Deldrin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

» Armored Warfare
by Arcane Spirit Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

» Season 6
by Deldrin Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try!

5 posters

Go down

One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try! Empty One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try!

Post by Totem Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm

This weekend (21st - 23rd) hardcore Minecraft even coming up!

The main objective to kill the Wither and the Ender Dragon. We will need to gear up, get food, and work together. 
VOICECOMS ARE MANDATORY FOR THIS ONE!
Idealy I would expect 7-10 people, but the more, the merrier. (If we get too many, we might need to use RaidCall instead of TS to organize the communications, so it will not be just a shouting contest)

Signups here, or on the steam group!
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try! Empty Re: One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try!

Post by Enerdshirak Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Very nice. I won't make it on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday should be fine.
Strip mining ftw!
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try! Empty Re: One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try!

Post by Ronineter Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm

I want to come, only i celebrate my birthday on sunday afternoon.
Ronineter
Ronineter
sux@englis

http://www.Gamersnet.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 am

Need more info!
1) Is it ok if someone doesn't have... "bought" the game?
2) ...
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

http://goo.gl/u623Xb

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I don't think so. 
Ronin might be able to borrow a server from his friend (that runs the latest version).
Or if he can't make that happen, I can set one up. If I will be doing it, I can run an earlier version. While I am confident in my PC, I am behind a router, so we might need to use a VPN software.
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Totem wrote:I don't think so. 
Ronin might be able to borrow a server from his friend (that runs the latest version).
Or if he can't make that happen, I can set one up. If I will be doing it, I can run an earlier version. While I am confident in my PC, I am behind a router, so we might need to use a VPN software.
OK, so the options are:
1) Ronin find a server and only ppl with the game purchased will be able to join
2) Massive lag!

Behold! I've been able to get out from the "Quote box"!
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:44 pm

My connection is 120/10, so I don't think that would be an issue, and with 8gigs RAM the server should run fine. Smile
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Totem wrote:My connection is 120/10, so I don't think that would be an issue, and with 8gigs RAM the server should run fine. Smile
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 10 Mbit/s upload speed means that users had better grab a snicker while they wait for chunks to load.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:06 pm

I played it while hosted on a slower connection, and apart from the occasional sinkhole, it was fine. I don't think that recent patches screwed the game optimalization that much.

But if you know a better alternative, I am happy to go with that.
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Better alternative? Buy an host (lol) (or steal one)

On a serious note: there is no better alternative, I'll be happy to help you in setting up the virtual lan and see if everything works fine without too much lag (if you are online later).

P.S.: Dubs for the win!
Random number (10,99) : 80

Last edited by Abaddon on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 24 times in total (Reason for editing : reroll)
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Abaddon wrote:Better alternative? Buy an host (lol) (or steal one)

On a serious note: there is no better alternative, I'll be happy to help you in setting up the virtual lan and see if everything works fine without too much lag (if you are online later).

P.S.: Dubs for the win!
Random number (10,99) : 78
I give up.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Server address will be:
applepaste.no-ip.biz

I will be on Steam, READ Steam group chat, TS and Skype. 
Try to be on by 19:00.
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronineter Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:14 pm

I am not percisley on at 19:00, have dinner at 18:30. I have to do the dishes
Ronineter
Ronineter
sux@englis

http://www.Gamersnet.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:05 am

ATTENTION!
The Minecraft server is up and running, and now (thanks to me) accept players w/o premium account, if someonepony wants to join just download >THIS< , extract, start the .exe, write something in the Username textbox, if it's the first time you start the game check the Force Update box, click Enter Game and join TS.
The server is in Hardcore Mode, so, if when you die (Totem and Deldrin died after 1 hour Razz), you need to join the server with a new account (just write something else in the Username textbox when you start the game).
Come join! We need more people!

P.S.: Killing both the Wither and the Enderdragon in 2 days is impossible.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Ok, I explored the nearby parts of today's map. Thanks to Eden's Map #7 you can see the results ingame.
Two additional taiga regions in the north and west, two villages in the west and south, also found another jungle and desert temple. Other than that we have a lot of jungle, riddled with lots of lakes and ponds.

Since Deldrin and Totem died again, what do we do now? Razz
Are we keeping this map? What about dead players?
I really like Hardcore mode, played it in Diablo2, Torchlight2 and also Minecraft already, but I don't know how familiar you are with it and how useful it is for achieving long term goals like killing the enderdragon.
How about setting up some rules like dying will only get you kicked from the server until next Friday or something like that? Is this even technically possible?
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Enerdshirak wrote:Ok, I explored the nearby parts of today's map. Thanks to Eden's Map #7 you can see the results ingame.
Two additional taiga regions in the north and west, two villages in the west and south, also found another jungle and desert temple. Other than that we have a lot of jungle, riddled with lots of lakes and ponds.
The plan was: every player takes a copy of the map and start exploring, exploring new zones auto-updates every map, also, the position of every player holding a copy of the map is marked.
Enerdshirak wrote:Since Deldrin and Totem died again, what do we do now? Razz
It's funny how Totem dies first and Deldrin some minutes later every time, right?
Enerdshirak wrote:Are we keeping this map? What about dead players?
No, we are starting a new map again.
Enerdshirak wrote:I really like Hardcore mode, played it in Diablo2, Torchlight2 and also Minecraft already, but I don't know how familiar you are with it and how useful it is for achieving long term goals like killing the enderdragon.
With the map#7 and 4 players searching, it's easy to find the material (cows) for the books we needed for starting to enchant items.
After that: exploring the nether -> find a nether fortress -> brewing -> killing the wither -> find a stronghold (you need brewing stuff for it) -> enderdragon -> win (it's easy until the enderdragon part; i'd die there, probably)
Completing the beacon is not necessary nor a priority.
Enerdshirak wrote:How about setting up some rules like dying will only get you kicked from the server until next Friday or something like that? Is this even technically possible?
It is, Totem owns the server, he can reset the player's death. What i proposed to him was: we have 5 revival shared among the players, after those 5 there is no revival allowed.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 am

Abaddon wrote:It's funny how Totem dies first and Deldrin some minutes later every time, right?

too small sample size, first time was out of stupidity, this time misfortune. Totem died because someone hit him while fighting enderman and I died because creeper sneaked up on me by the door.
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

http://skyshadowmeadow.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 am

Deldrin wrote:
Abaddon wrote:It's funny how Totem dies first and Deldrin some minutes later every time, right?

too small sample size, first time was out of stupidity, this time misfortune. Totem died because someone hit him while fighting enderman and I died because creeper sneaked up on me by the door.
Bah, Valve could say the same about the black guys in Left 4 Dead, but everyone know that the black dude dies first.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Yes, new map.
The 5 life shared thing is interesting, but first I think we could try turning the difficulty down a notch. (Popular vote will decide)
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Totem wrote:Yes, new map.
The 5 life shared thing is interesting, but first I think we could try turning the difficulty down a notch. (Popular vote will decide)
Behold! My ill mind came up with something else!
What about if when a player dies the remaining players have to try to revive him collecting "something"?
This "something" should be somewhat hard to get and put the lives of the other players in danger.
Of course this item will need to be collected, you can't just collect some stacks of it "just in case"...
The item should be accessible since the beginning of the game (since people start dying after 1-2 hours apparently), but still very hard and time consuming to get, increasing the chance that players will die trying to collect it.
The point of all this is: if someone dies trying to collect the item you'll need to revive him collecting that item a second time (the neverending story); if everyone die is game over, delete the world.

I was thinking about Ghast Tear (you just need to find the nether, dodge some fireballs, don't fall into the lava, fire some arrows and a lot of luck in order to get it), or maybe more than one? Or something else? I need your thoughts guys (i already know my ideas are bad, no need to point that out); also, Totem, start a poll Razz
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 pm

block of emerald
mine it or buy it
we take cash or credit
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Enerdshirak Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 am

Block of Emerald sounds neat.
Enerdshirak
Enerdshirak
Cap for EFF

Back to top Go down

Post by Totem Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 am

So...
Emerald block
I think wither skeleton skull would be better than ghast tear (still a rare drop, and those dont float above lava like ghasts do)
Golden apple?

Maybe combine it with the life system and additional revives would be increasingly difficult...

Edit: Music discs
Totem
Totem
Hungarian syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 am

Music disc fired by dispenser on wooden pressure plate surrounded by TNT over its grave, there must be at least 60 rotten flesh lying around. you need to activate the ritual holding ritual golden knife and then throw it into lava pit afterwards.
One does not simply win Minecraft. But we can try! FOR%20SATAN%20OF%20COURSE!
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 am

Block of Emerald: it's really easy to obtain, you just need to "find an npc village -> write down what items the villagers need -> go back home -> pick up the items -> back to village -> trade", the biggest danger you might encounter is to fall into an hole in the ground while you travel. We could also try to farm emerald, we just need 2 ender chests and teamspeak/mumble.

Wither Skeleton Skull: I tought about that, but to have the chance to find one you'll need to find a nether fortress first, and since every one needs 40 wither skeletons killed in average it means that when you find the first one you will probably be a full_diamond-full_enchanted-full_of_potions-son_of_a_bi*** almost ready to fight the wither. Not exactly something collectable in the beginning.

Golden Apple: there are 2 types of golden apple: normal (apple + gold ingots), enchanted (apple + blocks of gold), both are time consuming but easy to get; biggest danger: fall into the lava while mining gold, which is an useless material and you will probably have several unused blocks of it after some mining (btw, great material for building the beacon along with the iron).

Music Discs: ... why didn't I think about that? IMO this is the best idea for an item hard to collect but available since the beginning, you need to raid dungeons (hard to find) or force a skeleton to deal the final blow to a creeper, something wrong and... now you need 2 music discs Smile

Totem wrote:[...]
Maybe combine it with the life system and additional revives would be increasingly difficult...
[...]
Would be interesting, some examples?

Deldrin wrote:Music disc fired by dispenser on wooden pressure plate surrounded by TNT over its grave, there must be at least 60 rotten flesh lying around. you need to activate the ritual holding ritual golden knife and then throw it into lava pit afterwards.
[image]
Read this.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Need more IS-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Deldrin Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 am

I don't need alcohol to write nonsense! Stop judging me! Carpenters?
Deldrin
Deldrin
R.I.P. WoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down